Thursday, March 21, 2013

The College Student's Guide to Landing a Job - Book Review

I just finished reading "The College Students Step-by-Step Guide to Landing a Job" by Michael Krush. As the owner of a teen jobs website and entry level resume writing firm, I try to read every book I can about the teen job scene. I was very impressed with this book and it is one of the best books I have read that is geared towards the college audience.As the title suggests, this is a guide that covers all aspects of the job search process and it is written in a conversational and easy to follow way. I like the author's writing style and I think it works well for the teenagers that he is writing for. I found the book to be informative and very comprehensive, covering all aspects of the job search process. I though the real world examples help solidify his points and also made the book more engaging. My favorite section is when the author dives into effective interviewing skills. He mentioned a couple of techniques that I have never heard of before. Another great part of the b
ook is the extensive list of resume templates that he provides. He also gives a lot of great advice on what to include on the resume and how to get yourself noticed.In closing, I would recommend this book for any teen or college aged job seeker. I would also recommend this book to guidance councilor and college career workers because it contains a lot of great techniques that you can share.

View this post on my blog: http://www.yourgamebook.com/the-college-students-guide-to-landing-a-job-book-review.html

No comments:

Post a Comment