Saturday, March 30, 2013

The Key to Solving Difficulties

I've been reading & watching some really great material in the last couple of weeks & I really must share.I've been reading Norman Vincent Peale's book 'A Guide to Confident Living'. It was written in 1948 which is well before my time. There are things about life in that time frame which are different from what I have experienced in my lifetime. I was really amazed by chapter 10, where the author recounted several stories of people going to the doctor for medical concerns such as anxiety, nervous breakdown, stomach disorders etc. All these people were told by their doctor to practice their Christian faith on a deeper level. That if they really practiced faith in their thought life instead of just the morals & ethics of their religion, life would not get them down. Three prominent principles of the New Testament of the Bible are: take no thought for tomorrow; let not your heart be troubled; and come onto me all you who labor & are heavy laden.A wonderful DVD th
at I got from Netflix is 'Facing the Giants'. An inspirational drama about a head football coach at a Christian school who is facing failure on every level. He is close to getting fired from his job, his football team has not won in several years, his marriage is failing, and his house & car are in bad repair with no money to repair them. He is down & almost out for the count when someone reminds him to put it (all if it) in God's hands. He does and the results are amazing.A girlfriend & I are dealing with some tough issues in our lives right now. I was praying the other morning and asking God for the key to our situations. Instantly I started singing 'Turn your eyes upon Jesus, look full in His wonderful face, and the things of earth will grow strangely dim, in the light of His glory & grace.' It was like God was speaking directly to me, inviting me to have more fellowship with Him, to lean on Him just a little more so that I could experience more of His glo
ry and grace.We hesitate to give it all to God. We search diligently for the answer to our problems. He wants to give us so much and we like stubborn children want to control our situations. But if we can really let go then we can be so richly blessed it will astound us. There is no limit to what God can do.'Hey God, since you are smarter than I am & more powerful than I am can you take care of this one, please. I really do need your help.

View this post on my blog: http://www.yourgamebook.com/the-key-to-solving-difficulties.html

No comments:

Post a Comment