Saturday, January 19, 2013

The Richest Man - Review of Audiobook Principals

If you are like me and have an unquenchable thirst for knowledge, you will know how hard it is to make time during the day to read everything you want to. I am also an entrepreneur, so want to know every new way of making money. Driving to me is a waste of valuable time. So I decided to consolidate this time by getting an audio book to listen to as I drove.I took great care over this purchase as I do everything, and the positive reviews of The Richest Man in Babylon make me purchase it. What a waste of $4.95 that turned out to be.The voices used in audio books are vital, and the olde English tongue used here was far from impressive, and quickly began to grate. There was also only just over 4 hours of listening time.If you are young and keen to learn the basic principals of money making, then this book will appeal to you. If you have been in the game a while like me, you will find the whole experience somewhat underwhelming. There are stories to decode, and the odd hidden mean
ing, but the main principals are made blatantly obvious.The Richest Man in Babylon shoots itself in the foot by confusing the characters in the tales, as the stories themselves are very simple and basic. It all ends up as a bit of a mish-mash.If you are hoping to learn something new from this book, you will be as disappointed as me. It preaches the old principal of the divisible income, you know the one. Spend 10% on investments, 70% on everyday needs and the remaining 20% on clearing debts.Other wise teachings are that you should never accept financial advice from those who aren't experts, and don't become a heavy gambler...I kid you not!All this is well and good if you are either a child or a bit of an idiot, but if you have to be told this stuff you shouldn't be working in finance.The Richest Man in Babylon may have had great reviews, but unless you are an absolute beginner who doesn't even have a bank account, you will learn absolutely nothing from this book and it will
be four hours of your life that you will never get back again. That may sound harsh but I am a successful business man seeking more success, not looking to go over stuff that I learnt at grade school.

View this post on my blog: http://www.yourgamebook.com/the-richest-man-review-of-audiobook-principals.html

No comments:

Post a Comment