Thursday, June 27, 2013

My Fire's Gone Out! By Liam O'Connell

MY FIRE'S GONE OUT! is an excellent parable for our times! Best little book! Half hour read, common sense, inspiration, motivation!! Reminds us 'change'=opportunity. Focus on what matters!Billed as the NEW 'Who Moved My Cheese', Liam O'Connell uses 'fire' as a metaphor for setting a new focus on what is really important to you, in your life and your work so that you can handle change in whatever guise it presents to you.Through the device of four aptly named little devils, (read the book..) stoking the fires of hell, the story tells how differently each reacts when sudden and dramatic change interrupts the normal flow of their lives.Coaches and others will recognise what is happening here but there's great value to be had from sharing this book as a tool to get some key messages across to other people.Condenses the spirit of self-belief and reinforces in 81 enjoyable pages the timeless truth that with change comes opportunity, provided you take a little time to think, spot it
and confidently work it through! Inspirational and Motivational. Peppered with common sense and realism. A refreshingly light treatment of a sometimes all too heavy topic! (More please!!)'Thoughts from the flames' is a neat device to précis and remind us all of the fundamentals of change and the positive action we can take to keep our fire (and our passion) alive.Handy pocket sized self-help or help others little book you can take anywhere anytime, delightfully illustrated pages also reveals the moving and inspiring story around the team behind the book. I can't wait for the imminent video!Promoted as the NEW 'Who Moved My Cheese' and a One Hour read, during my lunch I finished this in 30 enjoyable minutes, my 'Best Little Read' so far of 2010. I still cannot explain it but I felt so energised after reading My Fire's Gone Out! I'm a highly motivated, positive and optimistic individual and yet there was still something 'je ne sais quoi' for me!We know that it's not change p
er se that's necessarily the challenge but definitely how we react to it that matters. For example, when faced with serious illness that has no cure but can be 'managed', my own reaction has been to say, 'I will not look or behave like I am ill' because I know this would have a negative impact for me and adverse effects on other people. But also by taking this attitude we manage to summon up from somewhere deep within us resources that no-one would believe possible. And we all have this innate ability - it's a personal choice whether or not we use it to achieve our potential. I'd love young people to read this before they get too set in their ways! Buy and read My Fire's Gone Out! Enjoy it! Refresh the parts that other little devils cannot! Do family, friends, schools, everyone, a favour. Share it! Get the spark back to relight your fire, and remember to keep your fire burning!Highly Recommended

View this post on my blog: http://www.yourgamebook.com/my-fires-gone-out-by-liam-oconnell.html

No comments:

Post a Comment