Saturday, December 29, 2012

Wordpress - Book Review

I just finished reading "Wordpress for Dummies" As a blogging professional and owner of several blog directories; I read as many books about blogging as I can. I had high expectations for this book because it was part of the famous "Dummies" series. I can say that this book exceeded my lofty expectations.As the title suggests, the book is a complete guide to using the Wordpress software to power your blog. Wordpress had quickly become the top blogging platform and this book will walk you through everything you need to know from the first installation to the blog posting and everything else in between. What I like best about the book is how comprehensive it is. There are many books out there on this topic, but this is by far the most thorough as well as the easiest to follow.Although this book is written for beginner bloggers, there was a lot of information that was useful for a pro blogger like me. Especially, the section that covers customizing the theme, I actually updated
my blog theme after reading that section. I also found the section about the top ten plug-ins very useful as well. I was only using 8 out of the 10 and I quickly installed the other two right after I put the book down.In closing, I would recommend this book to any blogger especially if you are brand new to blogging. I wish I would have read this book 3 years ago; it would have saved me a lot of time and headaches.

View this post on my blog: http://www.yourgamebook.com/wordpress-book-review.html

No comments:

Post a Comment