Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Steven Pressfield - The War of Art: Winning the Inner Creative Battle (Book Review)

A book that highlights the process of breaking through creative blocks to tangible results is Steven Pressfield's book "The War of Art: winning the inner creative battle."How you spend your day, your purposeful daily activity, becomes more important as life happens. This is especially true if you are an entrepreneur or more specifically a creative artist seeking to be influential or meaningful.While an artist can manifest themselves in many different ways, the stereotype of the suffering artist is common. In fact, your daily self-worth as an artist may be overly dependent on your current network of business associates, friends, and family members. They may all seem to be conspiring against your individual development and personal success.So what do you do? Seek out like-minded individuals who have successfully transitioned their daily creative activity to predictable behavior that rewards their unique talents.I began reading the book as I am currently monetizing personal dail
y activity into entrepreneurial success. Reading the book has enlightened me on how to better appreciate the process of becoming successful. For me, my current question is "How to translate daily personal success into entrepreneurial success?"The root of transition, as emphasized in the book, is personal accountability.Below is an outline of the three major categories (sections) or books as Steven has described. Each book provides an easy to understand insight and an easy to implement strategy.Steven Pressfield and The War of Art
Book One: Resistance-defining the Enemy
Book Two: Combating Resistance-Turning Pro
Book Three: Beyond Resistance-Higher Realm
As an artist, you may already know the joy in the process involved with fully realizing your vision. If you are serious about developing the habits required of professionals, this book will provide insight and clarity.The War of Art is an easy read (163 pages).Each Book (major section) has many one to two page chapters. For me, the power of short chapters is in the reflection I needed. Each chapter stands alone as a lesson in how to fully embrace being a successful artist.This book has become a personal favorite. After reading it the first time, I found myself leaving it within arms reach because I was impressed by how much I changed after my initial reading. I now fully recognize and embrace Resistance. I am a Professional and tend daily to implementing my goals with continually renewed energy.Read this book. It will free your mind of the obstacles you may be facing in your path to success.Pressfield, Steven. The War of Art: winning the inner creative battle. New York. Grand
Central Publishing. 2002 ISBN 1-59071-003-7June 6th, 2010 Steven Pressfield interviewed by Mark McGuinness:/articles/art-of-remarkable/

View this post on my blog: http://www.yourgamebook.com/steven-pressfield-the-war-of-art-winning-the-inner-creative-battle-book-review.html

No comments:

Post a Comment