Friday, May 31, 2013

Does Failure Exist?

There are many books that I have read that have impacted my life positively in one way or another. I'm always reading something and telling people about it.There is one book that everyone should have if they want to cultivate a positive attitude. Reading this book will raise your self esteem. This book will convince you that you can't help but succeed at whatever you decide to do. It is impossible to fail. This book will install productive habits and positive programming into you through repeated affirmations. It will teach you to be positive and self-confident. On top of this, the book is only about 100 pages long! Such a small book, but such a big promise.The book is "The Greatest Salesman in the World" by Og Mandino. I know I have you salespeople convinced. The rest of you are thinking "But I don't care about sales!! so this book is not for me." Thinking this would be making a very big mistake. I think that the title of the book tricks people into thinking that it is a sal
es book. It is not. It is a book on how to go about your daily life to get the most out of it.The first part of the book is a story set in ancient times about a young man and his desire to become a great salesman. He is given a box containing ten old and worn scrolls. The second part of this book is the text of these scrolls. Each "scroll" is essentially a collection of affirmations to be read twice a day for 30 days.The subjects covered in the scrolls are:1. beginning a new life each day, and not dwelling on the past2. greeting the day with love in your heart3. the value of persisting until you succeed4. recognizing your life as a miracle5. living this day as if it is your last6. being the master of your emotions7. laughing at the world8. multiplying your value9. the importance of taking action10. acknowledging a higher power and asking for guidanceIf you want to increase your confidence, increase your sense of well-being, increase your self-esteem and increase your income,
you need to read this book. I am always talking about avoiding negativity and thinking thoughts that will focus you on positive things and on what you want. This book will help you to do just that. Everyone I know who has read this book agrees with me that it had a profoundly positive impact on their life.I made audio recordings of myself reading each one of the "scrolls" and they are wonderful to listen to when things aren't going exactly like I think they should. Listening to this material helps me refocus, look at the bigger picture, and persist toward my goals. As Tony Robbins says, "There is no such thing as failure. There are only results." If you persist, keep changing your approach and do not give up, you will succeed. This book will help you "keep the faith" and persist through all obstacles.

View this post on my blog: http://www.yourgamebook.com/does-failure-exist.html

No comments:

Post a Comment