Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Living Nightmares of Abuse

Rating: Four lighthousesPhyllis "Diane" Farley is born into a family of eight children. Seemingly living a life not rich with money but love, she is suddenly uprooted when her mother leaves sending all of the children into foster care. No longer in close touch with her siblings, Diane grows up in a series of foster homes and endures abuse until she can get out on her own. Once of age, you would think things would be different but she manages to find herself in the three most horrible marriages living an existence of nightmarish abuse.First of all, I applaud Diane for being able to share her life so candidly. To put all of her faults and misgivings on paper for the world to critique requires a confidence that only comes with maturity. I ran the gamut of emotions while reading this book. I was saddened, angered, elated and even a tad whimsy with Diane's life adventures. At times I found it difficult to keep within the time line, often having to go back through the pages
to orientate myself with Diane's age.I swear that if this were a fiction novel, no one would believe that all of this could happen to one person. What they say is true.... truth is better than fiction.Reviewed by: C.C.

View this post on my blog: http://www.yourgamebook.com/living-nightmares-of-abuse.html

No comments:

Post a Comment