Tuesday, May 28, 2013

There Are Plenty of Good E-Books on the Web!

Make $500 a day doing nothing! Buy this eyeball e-book and you'll never need glasses again! These days you almost can't surf the internet for long before coming across such boastful claims. Some of these offers are just too good to be true. If you could easily make $500.00 a day sitting and eating Cheetos, I'd be sitting there right next to you! However, most e-Books are generally good products that can provide the self-help and knowledge to tackle almost any problem.When you buy an E-Book, you're basically paying for knowledge. I'd be remiss if I didn't tell you that anything that you can find in an e-book, you can probably find somewhere or on some website for free. The key is finding and keeping all this data. For example, to make my first successful blog, the first thing I did was read. I read forums, I read blogs, I read how to websites, ezine articles, rss feeds, ANYTHING I could find about starting a successful business. I read for a couple of months, and was finally l
earned enough in the basics that I could go out on my own. I learned everything I'd learned for free! The only problem is that it really did take me months to gather up all the information I required when in fact I could have purchased all this information in an online business e-book and could have saved myself a lot of time! The time I saved would easily have covered the money I would have spent on the darn book.But not all e-books are created equal!Just like anything else in the world that you can purchase, there are good e-books and there are poor e-books. How do you tell which is which? As someone who reviews e-books on my blog, I've come to rely on a few good indicators:
Search for the title of an e-book you are interested in on Google: If the e-book is of good quality and is generally going to help you then what you'll find is a lot of people promoting the book and very little bad press. However, after searching the title of your e-book, Google hands you a bunch of sites that warn of scams, poor quality, and the e-book being a waste of money... it probably is!
Longevity is a great indicator: The internet is a fickle and brutal place. Produce an e-book and charge money for it and people are going to share exactly what they think about the book. If the e-book is crap, it won't stand the scrutiny of the internet and the test of time. Check how long the e-book has been around. If the e-book been out for a few years and is still selling strong and getting a lot of support, then chances are you've found a legitimate e-book.
Testimonials are great - if they come from the right place: Make an e-book, throw together a site, and pay a writer $5.00 and he can write you some good testimonials. Don't take a sales page word that the product is good. Check out a couple forums on the topic you're wanting to know about and see if you can find any press on the book.
E-book reviews are one of the best ways to check out a e-book: One of the best ways to check if an e-book is good or not is to check out some reviews on the product. Blogs reviewing the product and comments from other users about the product are an excellent way to test the validity of a product. The internet is all about word of mouth, put that to your advantage! Blogs that care about their traffic and user experience are going to be honest about product reviews, or else they lose legitimacy and authority on their blog.
For every poorly written and rushed e-book out there, there are plenty of good ones on the topic of your choosing. Paying a bit of money now to have the research and legwork done for you will save you many times over in time and mistakes.

View this post on my blog: http://www.yourgamebook.com/there-are-plenty-of-good-e-books-on-the-web.html

No comments:

Post a Comment