Friday, May 31, 2013

The Blogging Church - Book Review

I just finished reading "The Blogging Church" by Brian and Terry Stork. Although I am not a pastor, I am a professional blogger and wanted to read this book to gain some perspective on how other folks are effectively using blogs. I found the book to very insightful and I think the appeal is broader than they may have imagined when they started writing the book.The book is essentially a how to guide that helps churches learn how to blog. The book is well written and it is very easy to understand. There is a lot of information, so it may be difficult for a new blogger to absorb it all in one setting. Even I went back to read some chapters to let it soak in better. There are chapters that explore the concept of why blogging is useful and then they dive right into how best to implement the blog. There are many real life examples and case studies that show the reader how churches are getting results in reaching out and opening up a dialogue with their congregation through blogging
. The book also explores issues related to blogging that are outside of the church. For example, there are two great chapters about blogging for positive change and the greater good.In closing, I would highly recommend this book to any church leader as well as any new or experienced blogger because there is great information about the usefulness of blogs and how they can positively impact society.

View this post on my blog: http://www.yourgamebook.com/the-blogging-church-book-review.html

No comments:

Post a Comment