Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Truth About Six Pack Abs by Mike Geary

Mike Geary's book save my bacon this year...Here is how... at the beginning of the summer I looked at myself in the mirror..."HOLEY MOLEY!" I shouted... I was fat! To be more precise... I was skinny fat with a big bump in my stomach!I'm a guy and like most guys... we don't look at ourselves so much in the mirror after we shower... though we sure don't mind looking members of the fairer sex...But I digress...So I had to figure out what I was doing wrong... I grabbed my copy of The Truth About Six Pack Abs by Mike Geary (don't worry, for more information about this book, just look down at my bio).So I grabbed my copy of the ebook (electronic book that you can download instantly and read on your computer. You can even print out a copy for the road).And I tried to figure out what I was doing wrong. Well, I wasn't working out hard enough... My fault and easily correctable. And then I figured it out!You see, I fell in love with the berries smoothies! Oh yeah... when you are suppose
d to eat clean... it means no refined sugar and no breads... so what's left? Fruit!Well, I like to make a big 'ol glass of berry smoothie with protein powder and a couple of tablespoons of natural almond butter right after sort of working out.Well, I found out that even though the almond butter has good fats in it... the LAST thing you want in your post-workout drink is fats because they slow down the intake of carbs and proteins when your muscles NEED IT!But don't get me wrong... you DO need good fats in your diet... but not right after working out.And if you work out hard... your body is literally screaming for complex carbs and good quality protein RIGHT AWAY! (oh yeah... big tip... if you are going to cheat on your diet... the best time would be right after working out... but you didn't hear this from me!)Not next week... not tomorrow... but right now.So I made some changes... 'cause I still love my berry smoothies... I started working out harder and following the book.
The I blended 1 cup of berries, 1 scoop of protein powder and half a cup of unsweetened apple juice.I blended that mixture until it was nice and frothy (to make it look bigger). And the last thing I did was pour this mixture into... TWO GLASSES!I'll drink one right now and drink the other after tomorrow's workout.But no almond butter...By the end of the summer... I got leaner and lost 10+ pounds plus 3 inches off my waist. I can almost see my abdominal muscles... It is looking good... My body fat is about 9%.Conclusion:As I found out... you don't want fats in your post workout drinks. So getting a good ab book is critical to your success in getting leaner and healthier.And besides, you will look great and get tons of compliments...

View this post on my blog: http://www.yourgamebook.com/the-truth-about-six-pack-abs-by-mike-geary.html

No comments:

Post a Comment