Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Eating Right is Attractive

First I need to disclose that I am not a personal trainer nor am I a nutritionist; I am just an average person that has found something that works for me and hopefully it will work for you too. And since nutrition and fitness are hobbies of mine, I wanted to share the little knowledge that I have gained over the years in hopes to either inspire or provoke some life changing action.Of all the nutrition and dieting books that I have read, and there is a stack of them, only two books have stuck with me. They are Eat Right for Your Type and Cook Right for Your Type. These books promote a permanent change in eating habit vs. a temporary diet plan. What I have struggled with through the other nutrition/diet books are they offer temporary solutions and not everyone can follow the set diet or eating plan.After reading the Type books, I now understand why only certain groups of people benefit from one nutrition plan over another. The Type books focus on the only thing that separates u
s humans from each other and it is not race or sex, it's our blood types.The Type books, for me, make the most sense from a scientific and anthropological standpoint. The books explain the evolution of blood types - how, why and where they came about, what foods our ancestors ate and they very simply break down the chemical process by which your body identifies certain foods depending on your blood type. The books identify what foods act as healing, neutral and harming to your body. When I first read through the list of harmful foods I noticed that I naturally disliked most of them and naturally loved the foods that are healing. Plus the list opened my eyes to many foods and recipes that I never considered before and now eat and use on a weekly basis.I have been eating for my blood type for a couple years now and I can attest that it has truly changed my life for the better. I suffer from psoriasis and have noticed an improvement since adopting this eating style. It has also
changed the way I shop. A shopping tip that I gained from using this life plan is that I mostly shop in the perimeter of the grocery store.Let's look at what's in the perimeter and examples of what I buy. See if you can guess my blood type.Frozen Section: Here you'll find frozen fruits and vegetables, which the majority of the diet books advise using because they offer the most nutritional bang for your buck. Frozen fruits can be used in smoothies or protein shakes. Frozen veggies are great for soups and taking to work for a quick addition to your lunch. Another awesome find in this section is Ezekiel bread. This bread is found in the frozen section because it's made with certified organically grown live grains. Its wheat free, gluten free and yeast free. Its high in fiber, protein packed and is also a low glycemic food, which is diabetic friendly. I use the multi-grain flavor for all my sandwiches and cinnamon raisin is excellent for breakfast or a snack. You just pop the
slices in the toaster to warm them up and voila!Chilled Section: Organic low-fat milk and organic yogurt are my picks here. I do splurge on heavy whipping cream which I use in my morning coffee. It is so yummy!Meat Section: Here I buy the meats that are for my blood type which are lamb, lean red meat, chicken, turkey, salmon, tuna, mussels and shrimp. Time saving tip: If your store has a meat/fish counter ask them to steam and season your mussels so they are ready to eat as soon as you get home. I usually do this on the days that I just don't feel like cooking.Produce Section: The fruits and veggies that I buy weekly that benefit my blood type are plums, pears, Granny Smith apples, bananas, mango, pineapples, watermelon, green beans, sweet potatoes, collard greens, onions, leeks, zucchini and squash. My grocery store also stocks cheese and chilled juices here, so I usually pick up sharp cheddar cheese slices, goat cheese and pineapple juice.The items I pick up within the ais
les besides paper goods and cleaning products are salted almonds, prunes, vegetable juice, olive oil, herbs and spices, cream of rice, honey, black eyed peas and brown rice.For those of you that hate to read these types of books, remember that you only have to read the section on your blood type once you get past the introduction chapters, so you don't have to read the entire book. I know that made me happy!Remember staying healthy, strong and confident is attractive to other singles and unappealing to an attacker.Until next time, here's to keeping you Safer in the City!- Jessica

View this post on my blog: http://www.yourgamebook.com/eating-right-is-attractive.html

No comments:

Post a Comment