Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Little Caesar - Play Script Review

Being involved in the industry, Hollywood that is, requires a careful skill in reading play scripts and movie scripts, a talent that I have never been able to master myself. Maybe that's why I had to retire early rather than making the big bucks that people make around here in Sunny Southern California.Nevertheless in my on-going continuation as a writer, I do realize that if you want to write a good play script or a movie script then you need to be able to know a good one when you see it. This is why I am happy to report a wonderful play script that I recently read and recommend to all budding authors and writers:"Little Caesar" by Francis Edwards Faragoh - 1981 (first published in book form).This play script and screenplay by Francis Edwards Faragoh, was based on the novel that was written by the famous author W.R. Burnett and I would advise you to read the novel second and the play script first, so that you can get a good idea of the difference that is required for both ty
pes of writing. Francis dutifully dashes characters to life in the playscript and adds meaningful, humorous and drama packed dialogue. It's no wonder that this play made it into a Turner Classic Movie programming in the series; Sight and Sound.A friend asked me if I would indeed, recommend this book to someone. If someone was of high literary caliber and interested in the arts or the art of movie making, playwriting, acting or screenplay writing, my answer is a strong; "Yes, Absolutely!" And thus if you fit that mold, you need a copy for your library and this great work in your head, so please consider it an A+ work and while you are at it, be sure to recommend this work to a friend as well.

View this post on my blog: http://www.yourgamebook.com/little-caesar-play-script-review.html

No comments:

Post a Comment