Saturday, April 20, 2013

Personal Book Review of The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success by Deepak Chopra

For me, this book took me the longest to read out of all the books even though it was the smallest. When I started the book, I felt that he wasn't making sense and at the time I was having to sort some things out in my life which I feel were clouding my concentrating on the book. I m not making excuses, just stating my awareness at what was going on for me. I re-read the book tonight in the gym. I made myself read it right to the end by not allowing myself off the exercise bike till I finished it. You never saw me concentrate so much! This time round I got a lot more out it in fact, I understood it and have realised that while, I have most of the laws very much in my life, I never realised how oblivious I was to the others.I decided to head into my day and not to judge. I was thinking of my fellow workers, my family and my husband when practicing. I have always considered myself open minded and welcoming of all people and especially my customers. How wrong I was. It started w
hen I guy wearing a hoody came up to ask me for change. I immediately thought that he was up to no good because of his accent which I have now realised I associate as a "baddy" accent from TV. As the day went on, I noticed more. I judged the girl of 14 pushing the buggy not once thinking that she could have been babysitting. I judged the young boy who was looking at the stickers as wanting to steal them. I judged and judged but as I became aware of it and reminded myself through out the week, I found I judged less and I'll keep you updated.I like the fact that he recommends silence. A while back I did a personality test and I was an extreme A. It frightened me and now I am learning to stop worrying and stressing as I do and as I have done for many years. I tried the silence and it felt great. I am going to keep this habit going and while I cannot fit in a half hour in the morning and sometimes not in the evening either, I figure 10 minutes here and there in your day will wor
k better than none at all.The law of giving and of Karma have always been in my life. Probably a bit unbalanced, as I tend to give more of me than I have and I am trying to learn not to do this. It's hard but I'm already feeling the benefits and feeling more comfortable just saying no.As for the Dharma, this seems to keep changing for me. In my ideal world, I would be making food and selling it at farmers market while being a life coach and a travel writer/photographer for The National Geographic. Then other days I'm confused as to why I want to be these things. Is it my ego? Is it society having an influence on me and my ideals of what success and happiness are? Is it simply me never quite been happy in the moment and always planning the next move? In short I could be living a game of chess and I'm afraid I could be playing against my potential.Hope this will encourage to read this book and get as much from it as I did.

View this post on my blog: http://www.yourgamebook.com/personal-book-review-of-the-seven-spiritual-laws-of-success-by-deepak-chopra.html

No comments:

Post a Comment