Friday, August 31, 2012

Blood Hunger - Audiobook Review

Laying in bed the creepy opening sent a shiver down my spine as the words 'strigoi, vrykolakas, vampire or vampir' rung out like a recording from the evil dead film.This small, intricate and suspenseful novel drew me in and kept my attention from start to finish. I rarely listen to audiobooks, but after reading Blood Hunger with it's strong female characters I thought I give it a go rather than read the book again.Sarah Leigh's English/British tone is pleasing on the ears. I can say that I enjoyed her reading, her narration had a nice rhythm to it. There is no music or sound effects in this audiobook, just Leigh's voice as she takes you through a 15-century adventure and the present day set chapters of the Blood Hunger.If you haven't read the book it's a blance of horror and suspense. It also examines important questions about belief and ethics and like the book it's a fast pace listen. As vampire fan it encapsulates traditional vampire stories. The ending is action packed, a
s Lucia must stop the three vampire sisters (reminiscent of the Brides of Dracula) killing and more victims. I do like the main characters. The fabric of Dracul's relationships are textured and believable for a vampire novel, I also like that there is a descent little mystery for solving.Read with emotion and conviction, I'm not sure if the recording is meant to sound old or it's by accident, either way it sticks close to the book and is just over 3 hours long, I believe it was unabridged.

View this post on my blog: http://www.yourgamebook.com/blood-hunger-audiobook-review.html

No comments:

Post a Comment