Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Winners of the Game - The Most Ambitious Amongst Us Considered

Being one with ambition, winning and perseverance, I often enjoy reading about others in other lines of work who have indeed made their marks through hard work, stick-to-it-ness and commitment to their concepts, ideas and innovations. Then there are others who fly to the top of human endeavors as corporate leaders and they often seem to be a different breed, but also have the strong desires to win. To illustrate the second type of ambitious man, I think I can recommend that you get acquainted with this book:"Ambitious Men - their Drives, Dreams and Delusions" by Srully Blotnick. 1987.This author is also the writer of the popular work; "The Corporate Steeplechase" which indeed, sold millions of copies. Although, this book somewhat irks me, it does point out many examples and observations that I, myself have noticed out in the business world, high-society and circles of king-makers, corporate image trickery constants and those who pander to the unearned ego of the super ambitio
us men. Many are quite fake under it all, while you may or may not agree that book is very much worthy of your time to read and consider.Some of the book suffers from the same delusions that the author accuses superstars of humanity or those ambitious men of. To that specific point, well, I would say, I challenge the author to explain to me, what they have done other than merely written about it. Ever stood in an ambitious man's shoes? Perhaps not, yet the writer peaks into the sexual lives, businesses and personal minds of these men, without remorse, as if a super star of psychology himself. I would like to buy him a mirror, and yet to his credit, I would say in the book he got, well 3/4 of it right. So, for that reason I recommend it, as I have his other book in the past.

View this post on my blog: http://www.yourgamebook.com/the-winners-of-the-game-the-most-ambitious-amongst-us-considered.html

No comments:

Post a Comment