Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Live Your Dreams, a Les Brown Book

"In the end, it is the person you become, not the things you achieve, that is the most important.""Begin to read a book that will help you move toward your dream.""Anytime you suffer a setback or disappointment, put your head down and plow ahead."I like really Les Brown. I have never met the man, but having heard him speak on audio and having read his books, I feel I know him. I first read his book, "Live Your Dreams," back in 1993."Live Your Dreams" is as powerful as it is relevant today as when I first read it. It is relevant because it deals with the issues of setbacks, obstacles, and disappointments that are a part of life's fabric. It is powerful because Les Brown shows us that determination and resolve are fundamental to success.You must go get this book. It has been in paperbook for a while now, so it is not too expensive, or better yet, pull out the old trusty library card (that library card - what a great thing).Les Brown's "Live Your Dreams" is uplifting and fun to
read because it is so positive in its message. Les has overcome so much and he uses his own setbacks, obstacles, and disappointments to teach us the steps to "greatness and living our dreams."I love reading books like these. Inspirational books, I think, reaffirm that we are not alone in our struggles. It reinforces the truth that there really is nothing new under the sun. It may be new to me, but chances are it has happened to someone else, too. And that someone else overcame the same setback, or maybe not. Either way, I think knowing that others like Les Brown looked squarely at his challenges and did not blink, did not give up, and did not step back; gives me (or at time, gave me) the will to attempt the same. You can give me a role model like Les Brown anyday.Lastly, if you are unemployed at the moment, read, read, read. And read books by authors like Og Mandino, Stephen Covey, Harvey Mackay, Napoleon Hill, Les Brown, and Denis Waitley. There are so many great authors ou
t there that have overcome tremendous obstacles both personally and professionally. That they would put it on paper for us to learn from; testifies to their selflessness and I urge each of you to take advantage of that.In fact, even if you have a great job, a wonderful family and life, you should still be reading.

View this post on my blog: http://www.yourgamebook.com/live-your-dreams-a-les-brown-book.html

No comments:

Post a Comment