Thursday, February 28, 2013

The History of Tacit Blue and One of the Greatest Test Pilots in Aviation History - Book Review

We all know that being one of the greatest test pilots of all times is a dangerous and demanding job, but have you ever considered what it would be like to live the life of a test pilot? I mean the whole life, from the time you caught the flying bug, until you really couldn't even get into an aircraft any longer? Most test pilots do not live that long to tell about it. But one did, I feel as if I knew him.Let me recommend a very good history book that dives into the life of that test pilot and the aviation history he made along the way:"Hell of a Ride - A first Person Biography of the 'Gutsy' Test Pilot, Richard G. 'Dick' Thomas, Notorious for His Bold, Daring and Dashing Flight Test Escapades" by Cynda Thomas and Velvet Thomas; iUniverse, Bloomington, IN (2008).All I can say is wow, what a great book. You see, I've been to the Wright-Pat Museum and seen Tacit Blue up close and personal. One look and you see the similarities in so many of the current latest aerospace designs.
Thomas, was a test-pilot's test pilot, who made a huge contribution to aviation. Interestingly enough, I met Cynda Thomas, the author at a Bookstore, and she told me of the story, I bought the book on the spot. I then proceeded to read it after dinner.It is 3:00 AM in the middle of the night, and the book was so good, I felt compelled to write a review, I read it straight through, and I definitely recommend this book to you. Coming from an aviation family myself, well, let me tell you this is authentic. Buy it, you will be pleased, I am. I am going to mail this to my father, who is also been in aviation all his life and almost became a test pilot himself; I am certain he will love it too.

View this post on my blog: http://www.yourgamebook.com/the-history-of-tacit-blue-and-one-of-the-greatest-test-pilots-in-aviation-history-book-review.html

No comments:

Post a Comment