Sunday, February 17, 2013

The Mystery of 2012 by Gregg Braden Review

The Mystery of 2012 by Gregg Braden was one of the most anticipated books last year. I wasn't really familiar with Gregg Braden then but when I saw what the book was all about, I was stunned. I couldn't believe what I was reading. I've read and heard about numerous doomsday predictions but the 2012 prediction was something new to me. And what better way than to pick up a book by a very engaging storyteller. I soon found myself so engrossed with Gregg's book that I didn't realize I was already in front of the cashier, buying a book that just a few minutes before, I had no idea about.According to Gregg's 2012 book, the Mayan day-keepers followed another kind of calendar-the Long-count calendar-and that gave them the exact day when civilization would end. As I read on,  discovered that Braden had not only included his own opinion and studies, but had also featured the voices of several other 2012 scholars. He included essays on the "accelerating pace of evolution" by Peter
Russell and Barbara Marx Hubbard, and "a journey in search of answers" from John Major Jenkins among others. It was as if I had bought dozens of books for the price of one. What a bargain!The title of Gregg's book was actually too long-it included the words 'predictions, prophesies and possibilities'-that most people, like me, remember only the first four words. However, I think including 'predictions, prophesies and possibilities' was an appropriate move from the author. The book talked about all those three subjects as they explained (we explored) the 2012 Mayan prediction. For beginners like me, or for people who study and are interested in the Mayan 2012 prediction The Mystery of 2012 by Gregg Braden is a must-have book.

View this post on my blog: http://www.yourgamebook.com/the-mystery-of-2012-by-gregg-braden-review.html

No comments:

Post a Comment